Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Kale Chips

Yes, that's right. Chips... made from kale. Now before you go telling me I am ridiculous, just try it. I told my friend Jill that this idea was absurd, and I did not understand how a short 15 minutes in the oven would turn these antioxidant packed green leaves into delightful chips. But it did and they were.
We actually used Swiss Chard this time around, as kale was no where to be found in this Fresno grocery store. Jill says its better with kale, but the rest of us thought the chard worked great!
Rinse your kale and dry thoroughly. Sprinkle lightly with olive oil... or I think a spray version olive oil would be even better. I just bought a can at Trader Joe's, so useful. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic salt, or whatever you prefer.
Pop it in an oven at 350 for 15 minutes and I promise this will be a great alternative snack when you want something crunchy!


Love,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment