Tuesday, March 23, 2010

French Oven

My French Oven has arrived!!! This was an item on my registry that made me smile ear to ear even as I put my scanner over her bar code in Williams Sonoma months ago. It is so beautiful! In case you are unaware, this is only the most amazing pot EVER. It holds heat and distributes it evenly to whatever you are cooking. It is great for risotto, soup, braises.. and it boils water quickly. You can fry, poach, boil, roast, bake -- it can really do everything, and do it well. It can be used on the stove top, or in the oven.

I picked Michael up from the airport last night (he obviously survived his bachelor party this weekend), and when I dropped him off at home we saw a few wedding presents had arrived over the weekend. We opened them up and when I saw my Le Cruset, I started jumping up and down and yelling "Its here! Its here!" He was really confused and wanted to know why I was acting like a lunatic. Is this not how everyone responds to this gift? You mean its only me??
Ah, she looks so beautiful sitting there on the stove. My love, we have many happy years in front of us. I have been away on business this week but have asked Michael multiple times how she is doing in his house without me there. He for sure thinks I am crazy. But he will not care once he sees the magic we will make together.
I promised Michael my first meal in the French Oven would be a pot roast. I have actually never made a pot roast before, and as you know I do not eat red meat, however I will be a good fiance this weekend, consult my girl Ina, and give it a go. Stay tuned...

Love,
Sam









1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you Sam...congrats on your new relationship with the French Oven. I'm sure it'll bring you years of happiness and joy.

    Oh and I can't wait for my dinner party invitation to enjoy a French Oven'd meal! :)

    ReplyDelete