Saturday, May 15, 2010

Salmon

I generally prefer a sweeter marinade or glaze on my salmon, but I recently tried a new recipe with my sister and mom and it turned our pretty good. 3 simple ingredients in the marinade: fresh grated ginger, soy sauce, and chili sauce. I have tried the recipe with both a sweet or hot chili sauce, they both were great, but I prefer the spicier version. If you have never used fresh ginger before, do not be scared. Its in most grocery stores and it looks like a root. Peel the outside skin with a veggie peeler or knife, and grate like you would a carrot. Ginger is inexpensive and really adds a powerful flavor.


Marinade the fish for 30 minutes prior to baking. Reserve some of the sauce for serving. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for about 12-15 minutes depending on thickness of the fish. My mom taught be the best way to check if the fish is done it to gently twist a fork into the center of the fish, if the fish breaks apart, it is done. if its still mushy and pink, it needs to cook longer.

We served our salmon this night with stir-fried snap peas and asparagus. Healthy and easy!
Love,
Sam



1 comment: