Tuesday, July 27, 2010

INMAN'S Pasta Salad

Most of my girlfriends are well aware of this colorful and easy side dish. Inman or her mom would make this for us growing up. It was usually in the fridge for a sleepover or any kind of party. I recently made it for Michael's big 31st birthday. This dish could not be easier and I made a couple of changes to the original recipe to make it healthier. I'm sure you can guess, I added fiber :) I swapped the tri-colored pasta for a whole wheat brand, and added the broccoli to replace some of that lost color.
Recipe:
  • 1 pound of whole wheat fusilli pasta (original recipe calls for tri colored fusilli)
  • 1 small container cherry tomatoes, cut in half
  • 1 small container of feta cheese
  • 2 heads of broccoli lightly blanched ( I just threw the broccoli in for the last 2 minutes with the pasta)
  • 1 can black olives
  • 1/2 to 1 full bottle Family Recipe Italian "Newmans Own" salad dressing
Combine all ingredients and toss with the salad dressing. Make this recipe the night before or a couple days before your party. It gets better the longer it marinades! Double or triple the recipe to easily feed a big crowd.Love,

Sam

1 comment:

  1. I make a variation of the famous Inman salad but without feta, and I add green, yellow and red bell peppers for color! I use the whole wheat pasta too :) And sometimes when I'm feeling zesty I will add a packet of italian seasoning in with the dressing before I mix. Yum!

    ReplyDelete